Appointments are scheduled every fifteen minutes. . .
- Our appointments are fifteen minutes apart so that we can see as many students as possible each day. Please be prompt for your appointments. If possible, come early so that you have extra time to fill out the necessary paperwork.
- The nurse practitioners see acute illnesses and minor injuries.
- When a nurse practitioner is not able to meet the needs of a student, they may be referred to the collaborating physician or a facility of their choice. The student is responsible for any fees accrued from a referral to an outside facility.
The nurse practitioner. . .
. . .provides a variety of services to meet the health care needs of Truman students.
- Minor Surgeries
- Students can have certain minor surgeries at the health center, such as mole removals, warts frozen, minor laceration repairs, and partial to complete toe nail removals.
- Acute Illnesses
- Students may visit a nurse practitioner for a variety of acute illnesses.
- Our providers also manage medications and mental health needs of students. Simultaneous counseling with University Counseling Services is encouraged and referred.
- The Student Health Clinic does not have emergency room equipment. For example, we cannot do X-rays at our health center. If we do not have the facilities to meet the needs of students, we will refer students to the provider of their choice or the emergency room at Northeast Regional, or we will call an ambulance.