The Student Health Center’s laboratory provides tests for a variety of patient needs:
- Some labs are processed in-house, and the results are available to patients during their visit.
- Other labs are drawn in-house and sent out to a laboratory to be processed, and results can take as little as one day.
- Our lab can also culture wounds and send out specimens for biopsy.
You can have a “lab only” visit by making a nursing appointment. . .
. . .if you have an order from a health center nurse practitioner or physician from a previous visit or if you have an order for a specific lab from your family provider. The order must be written in your chart at the Student Health Center, or you must bring a written order with you from your home provider.
- In-house Labs
- Labs that are processed at the Health Center are drawn during your appointment time. You will receive the results from the nurse practitioner or doctor before you leave.
- Labs that are sent out
- We provide some services for labs that we cannot process in-house. These specimens are sent out to another laboratory and the results are sent to us as soon as they are processed. Result times vary with this service, depending on the lab ordered. You may receive a bill from the lab.