The nurses at the Student Health Center. . .
- Manage allergy injections for patients with chronic allergies. Students must have their skin testing and allergy vials ordered at their allergist and sent to the health center to receive these services.
- Give required and elective immunizations.
- Provide needed nursing services, such as suture removals and dressing changes.
- Prepare students to see the nurse practitioner or physician by taking vital signs and health histories.
Nursing provides a number of necessary services for students. . .
Students must make a nursing appointment for their allergy injections each visit.
- Measles Immunization
- All students are required to have two measles injections. Students not compliant with this requirement will have a hold placed on their account and will not be able to register for further classes until they are compliant.
- Nursing visits are also used as follow-up visits from the nurse practitioner or physician for certain dressing changes, blood pressure checks, suture removals, breathing treatments, and other needed services.